The student news source of The University of Alabama in Huntsville

The Charger Times

Tigers Beat Chargers 1-0 in Men’s Soccer

Kaylan Wright, Staff Writer

In the last regular season game, West Alabama beat UAH 1-0 on Oct. 26 at Charger Park.

Both teams battled head on until the Tigers broke the tie. UWA’s forward player Ali Brador had a rebound, kicked it off the crossbar, and the ball gradually fell into the goal two minutes before the end of the game.

https://twitter.com/GameDayUAH/status/923740629233958912

While Brador had his own victory, UAH goalkeeper Myles Fullen did a great job in keeping the Tigers from scoring and had 10 saves, which is his new career best. Despite this success, many of the UAH players believed they should have done things differently. “We would’ve played our regular players not substitutes. We didn’t want to risk our players getting red cards and not play for our tournament,” said junior Khalil Bell, UAH forward position.

At that point in time, UWA was #1 in the conference while UAH ranked second. “If we had won this game, we would still be second in the conference,” Bell said, which is why they did not risk their best players in the last regular season game. UAH Chargers were more concerned about preparing for the Gulf South Conference (GSC) Men’s Soccer Championships on November 3-5 in Montgomery, Alabama. UAH proceeded to win their first game in the GSC Tournament 1-0 against Mississippi College, but lost the Championship game this weekend to West Alabama.

Click here to see how the Chargers fared throughout their season.